At Friedman’s – Green is more than just a color for us. It’s a choice.
Our Greener Choice program was developed to provide healthier products for your home and lifestyle. We recognized it wasn’t enough to just sell these products, but we had to “walk the walk” too.
See below to learn more about Greener Choice Best Practices and Products, and other local events and organizations that promote Sustainability. We hope this page will serve as a resource to help you make the Greener Choice.
Environmental Policy Statement
At Friedman’s we are dedicated to providing the tools, educational resources, and Xpert advisors necessary to build a sustainable future for our business, customers, team members, and communities.
Do you have an Event that promotes sustainability or green building in Northern California? If so, Email us a flyer for the event in PDF format or a website link.
All Greener Choice Products are third-party certified by trusted sources such as GreenSeal, OMRI, FSC, Energy Star, and others to be:
- Least toxic choice for use in and around your home
- Safer for the environment during manufacture, use, and disposal
In addition, a Greener Choice must meet one of the following criteria to even be considered:
- Made from easily renewable and/or bio-based materials
- Contain post-consumer waste (PCW) recycled content
- Made with easily recyclable materials such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic
- Biodegradable or compost able
- Resource conserving, energy efficient
- Sustainably harvested
- Uses or produces clean energy, such as solar
- Avoids use of petroleum derived chemicals, formaldehyde, vinyl or polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and other toxic components
Whether it is for your home or business, here are some of our recommended Best Practices or things we do ourselves! Do you have any recommended tips that you’d like to share? Email us.