Since it is Summertime, you should make time to maintain your HVAC system. The furnace filters need to be changed on a regular basis to keep clean air circulating throughout your home. How often you change it and what type of filter you need depends on a number of factors. Our helpful staff at Friedman’s Home Improvement can assist you and help you find exactly what you need.
Here are the steps to replace your furnace filter, which will improve the air quality in your home as well as the efficiency of your furnace.
- Step 1: Turn off your furnace or air-conditioner.
- Step 2: Determine the direction of air circulation on the side of the filter.
- Step 3: Determine the filter’s proper direction by looking at the old filter when you pull out it.
- Step 4: Insert the new air filter into your furnace or air conditioner.
- Step 5: Shut the furnace or air conditioning unit and turn it back on.
If you need help finding anything for your HVAC system’s maintenance or repair, visit us at Friedman’s Home Improvement online or at one of our Santa Rosa, Sonoma, or Ukiah stores, where you’ll get the lowest price and local advice.