To keep your lawnmower’s engine running all season long, make sure to take some time to keep it maintained. It’s a good idea to give your lawnmower a tune-up every few months, but especially at the start of the mowing season.
- Lay down a drop cloth to catch any oil or debris.
- Replace the paper air filter.
- If your lawnmower has a sponge filter, replace or clean it. If you replace it, lubricate it with oil before placing it in.
- Use a spark plug socket wrench to remove the spark plug.
- Replace your spark plug with a new one if it looks worn down or is older than a year.
- Screw the spark plug back in.
- Replace the old fuel in the gas tank with the proper new engine fuel if it hasn’t been changed for a while. This will prevent damage to your lawnmower engine.
If you have questions specific to your lawnmower, or need help finding supplies to help keep your lawnmower in top shape, visit us any time either at Friedman’s Home Improvement online, or at one of our Santa Rosa, Sonoma, or Ukiah stores, where you’ll get the lowest price and local advice.