Has your showerhead seen better days? Do you feel cleaner than the showerhead that cleans you? Is your honey-do list starting to include requests for a bathroom remodel? If you have answered “Yes” to any of these questions, it may be time to replace your showerhead.
Showerheads can become old and out-of-date with time. If you’re planning to change your’s out, Friedman’s Home Improvement is here to help with your Weekend Warrior Project with tips on how to replace your showerhead:
- With a pair of channel-locking pliers, carefullly loosen the showerhead by turning it counter clockwise, and remove it from the shower arm.
- Apply Teflon tape clockwise around the threads of the shower arm to provide a good seal, after removing the showerhead.
- Screw the new showerhead onto the shower arm, turning clockwise.
- Being careful not to over tighten, use channel-locking pliers to tighten the showerhead by turning clockwise until it is secure.
- Check for leaks by turning on the showerhead.
Voila! You’re done, and everyone who uses that shower will thank you for your hard work. Celebrate by inviting your friends over for drinks so you can show off your handywork!
For help selecting the showerheads, tools and supplies you’ll need to replace a showerhead, visit us at Friedman’s online or at one of our Santa Rosa, Sonoma, or Ukiah stores, where you’ll get the lowest price and local advice.
Your browser does not support this widget.