Why would you need an air compressor? Well, they are incredibly useful, and once you have one, you won’t want to be without it.
In simple terms, an air compressor is a device which forcefully pushes air through a hose. Air compressors can be portable and lightweight, so they can be used to inflate air mattresses, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, bicycle tires, and car tires. For the DIY workshop, air compressors are incredibly useful for:
- Removing dust off your woodworking projects
- Supporting power tools like the air wrench, air hammers, nail guns, air sanders, and air drills
- Applying paint or stain with an air brush
There are many benefits to using an air compressor with pneumatic (air) power tools.
- They cost less than electric tools.
- Air tools are more reliable since they get their power from the air compressor, a centralized and easy to maintain power source.
- Air tools can generate more force and power than standard tools.
- Air compressors and their tools can either go with you to the job site, or be a stationary facet of your workshop.
If you are interested in getting your very own air compressor but have questions, the friendly and helpful team at Friedman’s Home Improvement is here to assist you. Please visit us at any of our three locations: Santa Rosa, Sonoma, and Ukiah.
Friedman’s Home Improvement: Lowest Price, Local Advice.