Everyone enjoys the beauty and bounty of a healthy garden, but garden pests can wreck that beauty and bounty rather quickly. How do you manage your garden pests naturally, avoiding using toxic sprays and garden pest killers? If you prefer using a natural, organic approach to managing garden pests, here are a few things to consider:
● Attract and keep beneficial insects like butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs, lacewings, syrphid flies, and “mini-wasps” that feed on other insects.
● Choose plants that naturally repel garden pests, and are disease resistant.
● Select plants that will easily grow in your region and environment.
● Choose healthy plants and plant them properly.
● Keep your plants healthy by watering them, pruning them, and feeding them correctly.
● Plant a diversity of species and remove invasive species.
● Join a gardening club and share garden pest management ideas with fellow gardeners.
Whether you are a master gardener or just getting started with gardening, our friendly and helpful Team Members are always happy to be of assistance. Our Xpert Advisors can help you gather all the gardening and pest control supplies you’ll need at Friedman’s Home Improvement.
Visit any of our stores in Santa Rosa, Sonoma, and Ukiah to take advantage of our specials and promotions. Friedman’s Home Improvement: Lowest price. Local advice.