Are you prepared for when disaster strikes? Recent earthquakes serve as a good reminder that it’s time to take stock of your own emergency preparedness kit. Whatever the disaster — earthquake, power outage, major storm, etc… — you should ALWAYS have an emergency preparedness kit on hand and ready to go!
Here are the major items your emergency preparedness kit should have:
- Water—one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food—non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Emergency Crank Radios
- Extra batteries
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- First Aid Kit
- Earthquake Furniture Straps
- Multi-purpose hand tools
- Cell phone with chargers
- Emergency blankets
- Extra cash
- Copies of personal documents and medical history
Being prepared will help keep you and your family calm when faced with a natural disaster or a massive power outage. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Be smart and protect yourself against the unexpected!
If you have questions about putting together your emergency preparedness kit for your family or your business, our friendly and helpful staff at our 4 locations will help you find everything you’ll need.