Assembling a Do It Yourself Tool Kit is a smart idea for anyone who wants the ability to do quick fixes around the house or apartment. Most beginning do-it-yourselfers and first-time homeowners ask, “What tools do I need to get started?” Friedman’s Home Improvement is happy to provide a list of the tools that you’ll need to tackle a wide range of home improvement projects.
1. Select a toolbox that is easy to carry, is made to last, and has enough compartments and pockets for all your tools.
2. Slip-joint pliers, needle-nose pliers, and medium-size channel-locking pliers.
3. A slotted screwdriver and a Phillips screwdriver.
4. Level. If you want to get fancy, download a free level app on your smart phone. However, a 10 inch bullet level will serve you well.
5. Box cutter / retractable blade knife.
6. Duct tape.
7. Tape measure.
9. Metal wire snips if you plan to cut sheet metal.
10. Chisel / file.
11. Putty knife.
12. Hacksaw and keyhole saw.
13. Gloves and safety goggles.
14. Medium-sized adjustable wrench.
Come on in to Friedman’s Home Improvement to assemble the right tool kit supplies for the right projects. If you’re not sure what tools would be best utilized for your specific project, or if you have questions about what tools are essential to your particular tool kit, ask any of our knowledgeable staff of XpertAdvisors™, trained in all areas of home improvement throughout the store. Visit us any time either at Friedman’s online, or at one of our Santa Rosa, Sonoma, or Ukiah stores, where you’ll get the lowest price and local advice.