Is your patio furniture getting a little dirty? Are those cushions looking a little less enticing to sit upon? Here are some tips to clean those cushions so your dream patio can become more inviting for you to sit and rest a spell.
In general, basic cleaning ingredients are the best way to clean patio chairs and canvas furniture. Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Mix together 1 tsp. dish washing detergent and 1 tsp. Borax in 1 quart warm water, and place this mixture into a spray bottle.
- Step 2: Saturate the patio cushions on both sides with the cleaning solution.
- Step 3: Let the cleaning solution soak into the patio cushions for 15 minutes. Then spray the cushions with a garden hose to knock the dirt and cleaning solution off the cushions. Let them air out until they are just damp.
- Step 4: Spray the patio cushions with a fabric protector.
- Step 5: Wash the canvas cushions or canvas awnings in the washing machine, if possible. Then put it back on the furniture while it is damp to stretch the material back into shape. If you cannot remove the canvas, use a scrub brush and soap to clean the canvas. Once you get the canvas nice and clean, take the hose and rinse it off.
Voila! Clean cushions that make you want to relax in your dream patio again! Though we can’t do the cushion cleaning for you, our friendly and helpful staff will be happy to help you find all the items you’ll need to clean your patio furniture and decorate your dream patio to fit your tastes. Visit us any time at Friedman’s online or at one of our Santa Rosa, Sonoma, or Ukiah stores, where you’ll get the lowest price and local advice.