At Friedman’s we believe in going beyond the expected to deliver an unmatched customer experience. Partnering with you every step of the way means that we want you to be satisfied with your purchase. Most items that are in original sales condition can be returned within (90) days to original form of payment. Please see the Policy exceptions below.
GENERAL RETURN POLICY
- Products are refundable within (90) days of the original purchase price unless otherwise noted.
- Credit for returned merchandise will be made in the same manner as payment taken for the original purchase (e.g. credit card payment refunded to the same credit card).
- Merchandise purchased and returned without receipt will receive an in-store credit only and will require California photo ID and phone number. Credit will be given at the current price and may require managers approval.
- Merchandise purchased through a Friedman’s account may be returned and credited without a receipt pending confirmation of original purchase on account.
- Cash refunds are subject to cash availability and may not exceed $800. Cash refunds in excess of $800 will be issued by check.
- If original payment was made by check, the refund will be by check with a waiting period of up to (15) business days for issuance of refund.
- Yard merchandise must be returned to the yard prior to processing. Returned cut material will be refunded at the next sell-able length price.
- Plants that are dead or dying will be accepted for exchange only after review by a Nursery Team Member. Citrus plants from Marin County are not accepted for return due to California State regulation on Asian Citrus Psyllid infestation.
- Merchandise sold “AS IS” or “NO RETURN” will not be accepted for return.
- Merchandise required by the manufacturer to be returned at a service center, will be accepted for exchange for an equal or higher-priced like item within thirty (30) days of original purchase date. Within the thirty (30) day period, any gasoline-powered equipment must be empty and free of fuel before return will be accepted. After thirty (30) days, merchandise will not be accepted for return. After thirty (30) days, gas powered equipment must be taken to an authorized service center for service and repairs. Click here for Echo service website. Click here for Husqvarna service website. Click here for the DR Power service website. Click here for Honda service website.
- For water heater troubleshooting, call Reliance Water Heater Company’s tech support service at 1-800-365-4054. Tech support service is available Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Saturday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Provide model#, unit serial# and your support needs. Reliance Water Heater service website can be found here.
- Automatic gate openers are required to be returned to the manufacturer directly. Click here for Mighty Mule repair center website.
- Special Order items that are identified as such and are different from Custom Order items will be accepted for return.
- A 20% restocking fee will be deducted from the final refunded amount for Special Order merchandise accepted for return. The 20% restocking fee will not apply if the return is the result of a Friedman’s error.
- Custom Order items are “made to order” or “configured” products and are not refundable.
TERMS OF SALE
All orders and sales contracts will be accepted and fulfilled by Friedman‘s Home Improvement (Friedman’s) under the following TERMS and CONDITIONS:
- Friedman’s Charge Accounts: Due in full the 10th of the month following date of purchase. A FINANCE CHARGE OF 1.5% PER MONTH (AN ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE OF 18%) OR MINIMUM FINANCE CHARGE OF $0.50 or the maximum legal rate (if lower than 10% annually) will be applied to all unpaid balances from due date thereof. Delinquent accounts may be subject to closure. Title to all merchandise described herein belongs to the seller until the merchandise is fully paid for.
- All claims and returned goods must be accompanied by a receipt and must be in original sales condition.
- Customers’ own purchase order terms and conditions do not override Friedman’s Terms and Conditions.
- Friedman’s will not be responsible for any loss or consequential damage in the event of any defect in the goods or merchandise sold unless the goods have been manufactured to Purchaser’s specifications.
- LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO REPLACEMENT OF GOODS SOLD and there is no express or implied warranty applicable to the sale.
- Friedman’s will not be liable for the removal of defective goods or merchandise or the re-installation of the same in the event of defect.
DELIVERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Safety is our first concern while providing delivery services. Delivery drivers may elect, in their sole discretion, to change delivery location or cancel the delivery in its entirety when safety considerations warrant. Delivery location must be a flat, level location with stable soil or properly engineered road surface easily accessible by our large trucks. Our trucks require a height clearance of 12’, and roadways must support up to 48,000 pounds (24 tons) for a truck or 80,000 pounds (40 tons) for a truck-and-trailer delivery. If delivery is made via a one lane road, the delivery location must have an easily accessible turn-around location. Delivery is to the site (e.g. the purchaser’s address) and does not include transportation into backyards or within homes unless specified in writing in advance following a site inspection by a Friedman’s employee. Friedman’s is not responsible for damage to roads or other property if access does not comply with the requirements above. Further, Friedman’s is not responsible for any property damage that occurs as a result of instructions by purchaser or any other party at the delivery site.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
Many products sold in Friedman’s stores may contain chemicals disclosed in the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. The warning informs Californians about their exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For details and information, please see www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
NEVER UNDER SOLD PRICE GUARANTEE
If you find a lower price in effect on an identical, in stock item at any local retail competitors physical location, we will meet their price when you buy it from us. Just bring in the competitor’s ad or other proof of current price. Friedman’s reserves the right to verify the lower price prior to sale. Credit/Debit card and cash and carry purchases only. Excludes closeout, clearance, rebates, liquidation, open/damaged items, and special orders. On percent off sales, we will match the competitor’s percent off offer. Limited to reasonable consumer quantities.