To find the best tree for your garden use the following questions to narrow down your choices.
- Consider your growing area and the size of the full-grown tree
- Timing – When will the tree begin to fruit?
- Chill Hours – What’s the total number of hours your area falls between the temperatures of 32 and 45 degrees.
- Self-fertilizing tree or a tree that requires a pollinator
Planting Tips for Dormant Fruit Trees
- Prune back all the branches
- Thin out any weak or crossing branches
- Soak the roots with a B1 and water solution
- Dig the hole larger than the root structure
- Amend the existing soil
- Plant the tree so the graft is approximately 2” above soil level
- Water thoroughly to settle soil
- Support trees for at least the first 3 years.
Learn more at Friedman’s FREE 1 hour Fruit Tree Clinic on Saturday, January 13, 2018. We’re hosting two sessions at each Friedman’s location. Join us from 9AM-10AM or 11AM-12PM. Click here for more info.
Call your local Friedman’s store for inventory.